21.11.07

Chocolate Chips Cookies

On Monday, I was yarning to have some choco chips cookies. When a woman craves for something, that must be fulfilled right away, if not before her red alarm starts to sound, the world will change ...... hahaha .... ;p

Walked into the kitchen, I saw some choco chips sitting down there "smiling" at me, and I thought why not I do it myself? After that, the process started. This was my very first attempt at baking choco chips cookies. Taste wise, I think I passed, but shape wise still have lots of room for improvement. Here's how they looked like......



As my oven is small, I couldn't do all at a time. Hence, I separated into two batches baking them. The first batch was good, I mean the colour of the cookies. Whereas, the 2nd batch was like having too much of "sun tanning". The top looked so brown. All because of my itchy hands. I changed the oven heat to only top heat after 10 mins into baking. Thus, this was the result. But but but, the taste of the cookies were "seductive" ......

The recipe is from Ja's Kitchen (thanks to Jasnette):

Ingredients:

125g Butter
70g Castor sugar
70g Brown sugar
½ tsp Vanilla essence
1 Egg
260g Self-raising flour (I used only 240g)
130g Chocolate chips
60g chopped walnuts

Method:
1. Pre-heat oven to 180C.
2. Sift the flour, set aside.
3. Beat butter, essence and sugars using mixer until smooth.
4. Add egg and beat until well combined.
5. Stir in sifted flour and the remaining ingredients.
6. Take rounded teaspoons of mixture and roll into balls.
7. Place balls about 4cm apart on slightly greased oven trays or line with baking sheet.
8. Bake in pre heated oven for 15 minutes or until browned.
9. Cool in trays for short while and transfer to wire rack for cooling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our Life's Journey Together

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Easy Counter