Walked into the kitchen, I saw some choco chips sitting down there "smiling" at me, and I thought why not I do it myself? After that, the process started. This was my very first attempt at baking choco chips cookies. Taste wise, I think I passed, but shape wise still have lots of room for improvement. Here's how they looked like......
As my oven is small, I couldn't do all at a time. Hence, I separated into two batches baking them. The first batch was good, I mean the colour of the cookies. Whereas, the 2nd batch was like having too much of "sun tanning". The top looked so brown. All because of my itchy hands. I changed the oven heat to only top heat after 10 mins into baking. Thus, this was the result. But but but, the taste of the cookies were "seductive" ......
The recipe is from Ja's Kitchen (thanks to Jasnette):
70g Castor sugar
70g Brown sugar
½ tsp Vanilla essence
260g Self-raising flour (I used only 240g)
130g Chocolate chips
60g chopped walnuts
1. Pre-heat oven to 180C.
2. Sift the flour, set aside.
3. Beat butter, essence and sugars using mixer until smooth.
4. Add egg and beat until well combined.
5. Stir in sifted flour and the remaining ingredients.
6. Take rounded teaspoons of mixture and roll into balls.
7. Place balls about 4cm apart on slightly greased oven trays or line with baking sheet.
8. Bake in pre heated oven for 15 minutes or until browned.
9. Cool in trays for short while and transfer to wire rack for cooling.
Spaghattie with wine prawns, broccoli & baby bamboo shoot topped with chicken sausages tomatoe mushroom sauce.
Potatoe pancake. It comprised of green & yellow bell peppers & shredded potatoe & carrot, batter: a little flour, egg white, cold water, pepper & salt. Mixed together well. Pan fried till brown.
Dessert: Gingko nuts, lotus seed, beancurd sheet sweet soup (what a long name for this dessert, but in Chinese is 腐竹白果莲子糖水)Soak lotus seeds in water (I used dried lotus seed). 1 can of clear water ginko nuts (remove the small bud inside as it is very bitter). Soak also beancurd sheets. All these take less than half an hour.Then bring to boil about 2.5 to 3 litres of water with 4 knots of pandan leaves (to give aroma), then put all ingredients to boil for 1.5 hours. Add in sugar to taste. I used fructose instead of fine sugar to cut down on calorie intake.
2) Who was the first person to say, "See that chicken there... I'm gonna eat the next thing that comes outta it's bum.
3) Why do toasters always have a setting so high that could burn the toast to a horrible crisp, which no decent human being would eat?
4) Why is there a light in the fridge and not in the freezer?
5) Why do people point to their wrist when asking for the time, but don't point to their bum when they ask where the bathroom is?
6) Why does your Obstetrician, Gynaecologist leave the room when you get undressed if they are going to look up there anyway?
7) Why does Goofy stand erect while Pluto remains on all fours? They're both dogs !
8) If quizzes are quizzical, what are tests? (This one kills me !!!!)
9) If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from ?
10) If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons ?
11) Why do the Alphabet song and Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star have the same tune?
Stop singing and read on . . . . . .. . . . .
12) Do illiterate people get the full effect of Alphabet Soup?
13) Did you ever notice that when you > blow in a dog's face, he gets mad at you, but when you take him on a car ride, he sticks his > head out the window?
14) Does pushing the elevator button > more than once make it arrive faster?