I have been wanting to bake this cake for quite some time but procrastinated until few days ago. :-* This was my first attempt and the result was quite satisfactory, tho still room for lots of improvement. I did not do the glazing well enough. Furthermore, I see other bake this kind of cake with brown top, but mine is still so pale. What's the reason behind? Anyone out there can share with me? :-/ Anyway, DH said that he liked the cake because of its light texture and was not too sweet for his liking. Here are the pictures, tho not well taken.
250g Cream Cheese, room temperature
100ml Evaporated milk
3 nos. Egg, seprated
1. Preheat oven at 170*C. Lightly greased the cake pan.
2. Beat cream cheese and 3 egg yolks till soften.
3. Beat eva. milk till fluffy (in fact should be a lot of bubbles), then add corn flour, mix well.
4. Beat 3 egg whites till foamy, add in sugar gradually, then beat till soft peaks form.
5. Add step 3 to step 2, mix well.
6. Add step 4 to step 5, stir gently till egg white mixture is well combined with cream cheese mixture.
7. Pour batter into cake pan. Bake at 170*C with hot water sustaining the cake pan, for 45-60 mins.
(Steps 8 - 11 are optional)
8. You can eat like this, or you can put your favourite jam on top of it.
9. Put the jam in a sauce pan with the water on a low heat and warm up until it's melted.
10. Then spread the glaze on top of the cake.
11. If the surface becomes too dark while baking cover with a piece of tin foil, but be careful not to open the oven door until it has been in the oven for at least 20 minutes.