30g agar agar strips (can be bought from Chinese provision shop or local supermarket)
700ml water (put a bit more if you want a softer texture of the agar agar)
170ml thick palm sugar liquid*
3 tbsp brown sugar
400ml coconut milk (I used the 1 ltr packet type)
1/2 tsp salt
* Cook 200g palm sugar in 200ml water till all sugar is dissolved. Use a strainer to strain the liquid palm sugar. Set aside for later use.
1. Soak agar agar strips in cold water until it turns soft. Then boil the strips with 700ml water till all are dissolved. Stir occasionally.
2. Add liquid palm sugar and salt to the agar agar mixture.
3. Bring to boil the mixture in step 2. Then add coconut milk in a slow stream.
4. Reduce heat and keep stirring till mixture starts to boil.
5. Pour mixture through a strainer into your choiced jelly mould, allow to cool before putting into the fridge.