10.1.09

Sugar Choco Rice Cookies

I tried baking these sugar choco rice cookies 2 days before the end of 2008. As I was baking, I felt that the year 2008 was just slipping by so quickly. With Christmas and Chinese New Year just one month apart, it gives people a feeling of "岁月催人老"(expediting the ageing process). I'm not being pessimistic when I say this, just 有感而发(just being sentimental) :-)
Anyway, back to my baking. These little rounded top tasted ok, not too sweet or blend. It melted in my mouth when I tried to bite it. With the choco rice, it enhanced the flavour. Good for Christmas as well as CNY.


















Packed a few bottles for my family members. I will bake again nearing Chinese New Year.


3 comments:

  1. Can you share the recipe with me?

    So you quit your teaching ... I am whole day at home .. hubby still comes back after work and he is the tired one.. so we did not have much time to talk to ah. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sherlyn
    I will post the recipe later.

    Making the decision to come out full time tuition is not easy. As teaching in school have a fixed income, but tuition not so.

    Anyway, my hubby's working time is also flexible. Thus, we make sure we have time together, esp meal time. Sometime is about making time for each other, no matter how tired you are. If you treasure the person, you will make time for him/her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's the recipe

    2 3/4 cup plain flour
    1 tsp baking soda
    1/2 tsp baking powder
    1 cup butter, softened
    1 1/2 cup sugar
    1 egg
    1 tsp vanilla extract

    1. Preheat oven at 190*C. In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda & powder. Set aside.
    2. In a large bowl, cream butter & sugar until smooth. Beat in egg & vanilla.
    3. Blend in dry ingredients. Mix well to become a dough. Roll rounded teaspoons of dough into small balls & place on tray line with baking paper.
    4. Bake 8 to 10 mins in the oven or until golden. Let stand on baking tray for 2 mins before removing to cool on wire racks.

    ReplyDelete

Our Life's Journey Together

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Easy Counter