22.9.09

My 3rd experience

I have gone through this for the 3rd time. I couldn't remember how I felt when this was done the 1st time, it was 3 years back.

For the 2nd time, in 2007, it was a very painful experience as the person handling me was inexperience. I will never go back there for any other services.

It was this morning that I went through it the the 3rd time. It wasn't done in the normal setting, but under private practice. It was a smooth procedure. However, the after effect was also excruciating.

3 times, I have gone through it 3 times! Not too many women have such experience. And I hope my own gender friends will have no need to go through what I have gone through.

You may be wondering what did I go through for these 3 times? Well, they call it D & C, dilation & curettage (read extract below to know what is it).

Doctor said my level of estrogen is very high, therefore affected my period cycle and pattern. In short, I have suffered much physically and mentally because of this problem. I really hope that this is my last experience and I do not need to go through any of those painful moments anymore. This is my prayer ... ... ...

=========================================>
*What is dilation and curettage (D&C)?
Dilation and curettage (D&C) is a procedure in which the cervix of the uterus is expanded (dilated) so that the uterine lining (endometrium) can be removed with a spoon-shaped instrument called a curet or curette. The procedure is performed for a variety of reasons. Most commonly, this surgery is done in order to help determine the cause of abnormal uterine bleeding. It can also be done to help determine the degree of abnormality of the endometrium in cases of
cancer or pre-cancerous cells that are detected by an in-office biopsy. D&C is also sometimes necessary to remove tissue after a miscarriage.

**Why is a D&C done?
In general, a D&C is used to help determine the health of the uterine lining or to remove abnormal tissue. Occasionally, the procedure can correct some of the problems in the uterus such as polyps, scar tissue, or tissue overgrowth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our Life's Journey Together

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Easy Counter