24.11.09

Some thoughts about the trend in cake baking

Nowadays, when I surfing food blogs, it is not difficult to find many food bloggers learn to make fondant cake. I was really enticed me into learning to make such cakes.

However, upon second thought, I give up the idea. I thought, the whole cake is covered with a whole piece of sugar-made fondant, which means, when we eat the cake we are eating SUGAR UPON SUGAR (cake also used sugar to bake!).

No doubt fondant cake presents beautifully but I think I will not try to learn it. Even for cupcakes. Many food bloggers decorate their cupcakes with layers of fondant. Can it really be eaten? I don't dare to eat and don't want to eat. Colourings plus sugar. Though they say all these ingredients are edible, I still scared scared.

Anyway, the above is my personal opinion only. No offense to anyone fond of doing fondant cake. But I can say that I really admire those bloggers who spend so much time doing their master pieces. Salute to you! :-)




Aren't they beautiful and exquisite?

4 comments:

  1. Hi, this is my first time to your blog. Like you, I was enticed to learn how to make fondant cakes. I don't have a sweet tooth, so for me to make this, it's basically a challenge to myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Blessed Homemaker
    Thanks for dropping by :-)
    I do frequent your blog and like your baking & cooking, but just that i didn't pen any comment. :-)
    In fact, I have a sweet tooth, but fondant is something I dare not try, colour plus sugar. However, I may try making one such cake in the near future, just like you say, a challenge to myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It agree, rather useful phrase

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Anonymous
    Thanks for dropping by ...

    ReplyDelete

Our Life's Journey Together

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Easy Counter