27.12.09

A Day of "Putu Ayu"

Putu Ayu is a popular Indonesian snack. A steamed cake with no butter, but coconut milk and shredded coconut, quite easy and quick to make.

Putu Ayu uses Pandan paste or essence. Pandan essence or paste is used in place of fresh pandan leaves, to flavour and colour cakes and desserts, as it is sweet and imbues foods with a bright green color. It can be purchased as a ready-to-use paste in Asian specialty stores. If purchased fresh, pandan leaves should be pounded into a paste for use in desserts, adding water sparingly.

Here are the Putu Ayu that I made few days ago. :-)

These are the "special" moulds for making Putu Ayu. Aren't they cute? :-)

I used grated coconut with gula melaka instead of white grated coconut.
It's so mini & lovely & Yummmy ......
I used some tart cases to make different shapes of Putu Ayu.
I still prefer the mini ones.

These are the Putu Ayu that used white grated coconut.

Overall, the Putu Ayu I made were very good. My DH loved this kind of Indonesian snacks. Furthermore, it is bite-sized, even little children like it. :-)

4 comments:

  1. I think I will love to eat this too... anything with coconut ... :)

    Let me come after you for the recipe when I find the time. Must I get the mould?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is best to get the mould. If not, i think can use small muffin cases, silicone type. The putu ayu come out just the right amount of the putu & coconut when using this special mould. The amount of grated coconut is 1 tsp, with 3 tbps of batter. If use other moulds, can't really gauge the amt of batter used. But everything can be tried out, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya everything can be tried out .. .but I am trying to throw away things and make space before I can buy more stuff keke. Those grated coconut is making me hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i hv bought another packet of white grated coconut.waiting to do another round of putu ayu for my mum :-) and also for myself la ... keke ..

    ReplyDelete

Our Life's Journey Together

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Easy Counter