Welcome to this simple little blog with a simple objective of sharing my bits & pieces of
life in a simple way.
Life is beautiful when it is simple. 简单就是美:-)
Pineapple Butter Cake风梨牛油蛋糕
I have been wanting to consume the can of pineapple which was sitting on my shelf for quite some time, but find no suitable recipe to use it. At last, I found this Pineapple Butter Cake @ nasilemaklover. Thank you nasilemaklover for this great recipe. It is a wonderful recipe that yield a soft & moist butter cake with a little tanginess from the pineapple. Normally, butter cake tend to be quite dense, but not this one. This recipe is really a keeper :-) However, I did tweak the original recipe a little to suit my preference.
1 can Pineapple chunks (I used pineapple rings for round cake tin & chuncks for loaf case)
250g Butter (original recipe used 180g butter & 70g margerine)
4 nos. Medium eggs
250g Self raising flour
8 tbsp Pineapple juice from the canned pineapple
1 tsp Vanilla essence (omitted in original recipe)
1. Preheat oven to 180*C
2. Beat butter & sugar till light & creamy.
3. Add egg one at a time, beat till creamy.
4. Add vanilla essence, stir to mix. Gradually, add in flour & pineapple juice alternately till well combined.
5. Place pineapple chunks or rings at the bottom of baking pan, then pour in the batter.
6. Bake in preheated oven for 45 mins. Remove from oven and cool on wire rack.
With the remainder pineapple chunks, I made myself a refreshing pineapple drink.
It was a good thirst quencher on a hot weather. :-)