21.4.10

Pumpkin Nuts Banana Cake 南瓜子香蕉蛋糕

Baked yet another banana cake. 
I find that banana cake is a common cake baked in almost every blogger baker's home. I myself a fan of banana cake because it's easy to bake, and simply yummilicious! :-) 
This time round, I added some almond nibs in the batter and sprinkled some pumpkin nuts on top of the cake.  Looks healthier.  However, one little setback.  The recipe calls for 3/4 cup of sugar, I think is a tad too sweet for me, will have to reduce to 1/2 cup if I were to make again. 
The texture is wonderful, outside crusty, inside fluffy.
 
Recipe is adapted from dolce.swaymyway.com:

Ingredients:
3 very ripe bananas (mashed with a fork)
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups flour (I used self raising flour, thus omitted the baking powder stated below)
1 cup walnuts chopped (I don't have, so I substituted with almond nibs)
3/4 cup sugar (I will have to reduce to 1/2 cup in future)
1 teaspoon salt
125g unsalted butter
3 teaspoon baking powder
2 grade "AA" eggs
a handful of pumpkin nuts for cake top

Method: 
1. Preheat oven to 180 C.
2. Butter bread pan and coat with flour.
3. Mix flour, salt & baking soda. Cream butter & sugar.
4. Mix in egg & vanilla. Mix in mashed bananas and nuts. Add flour mixture.
5. Mix all ingredients together thoroughly. Pour in bread pan.
6. Bake at 180 C for approx. 1 hour or until a toothpick can be extracted cleanly from the bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our Life's Journey Together

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Easy Counter