8.4.10

Classic Butter Cake 经典的牛油蛋糕

I am not a fan of butter cake, but recently, I was caught up to make a classic butter cake.  I think it was all because my mum told me that my fourth aunt (my dad's younger sister) can make very nice butter cake. However, very unfortunate, she is now bedridden because of gum cancer. She can only consume milk through a tube attached to her stomach. I felt very sad but at the same time think that I should learn to make this butter cake.  I hope she can live to taste the butter cake I make.
I let my dad tasted the cake, and he didn't say anything but go for one helping to another.  And I know, I have made it.  He had tasted my aunt's butter cake before, hence, he knows the taste of it.  Now that I have replicated the classic taste, I will bake it every now and then, for my family.

The recipe that I used yield a very soft and moist butter cake. The texture is very fine also. Even after few days, it is still soft & moist.  I love every bite of it.

However, really feel apologetic, I forgotten where did I copy this recipe from.  If you see the ingredients and know where it's from, kindly inform me. Thanks a million. 

Here's the recipe to share:
Ingredients:
180g    self raising flour
4 med. eggs
1 tsp    vanilla essence
110g    sugar
250g    butter (I used unsalted one but forgot to put a pinch of salt, but it doesn't really matter)

Method:
1. Cream butter & sugar till pale and creamy.
2. Add in eggs, one at a time, beat well with every addition.
3. Add vanilla, mix well.  When mixture is well mixed, add in flour in additions, mixing well with each
    addition.
4. Pour batter in loaf tin, bake in preheated oven at 180*C for 20-25 mins.

4 comments:

  1. 哇,那麼多牛油。。。我烘了都不能吃, 不烘了。嘻嘻。

    ReplyDelete
  2. 你不是常常吃这种蛋糕,所以试试也无妨。而且吃牛油对发育中的孩子比吃植物油(margerine)或白兰他还好。

    ReplyDelete
  3. 不過如果有常烘培,牛油是從各個食物累積來,所以還是不能忽視。嘻嘻。

    ReplyDelete
  4. 这种“肥死了”的蛋糕只能偶尔烘焙,2至3月一次,那就ok。况且其他的烘焙品如muffins, etc.我是用葵花油,因此还ok啦!

    ReplyDelete

Our Life's Journey Together

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Easy Counter