14.6.10

My very first Swiss Roll

I have the thought of making swiss roll for a very long time.
However, at the back of my mind I always think that making swiss roll is a very difficult thing, I mean the rolling up part. Hence, because of this reason, I always procrastinate my swiss roll baking.
This afternoon, I have made up my mind to do it, for only one reason ~ I have 3 eggs left in the fridge and I have this swiss roll recipe that calls for 3 eggs. A very good reason indeed, to finish up my eggs. There you go ... my long waited swiss roll is here ...
Though the presentation of the swiss roll is not very nice, but I am happy with the result. At least I have no cracks like some of the bakers do when they rolled up the cake.  However, I have it done up a little too thick.  Nonetheless, I managed to roll up without any problem.
But one little setback, I did not roll it tight enough 
Anyway, here's my maiden KAYA SWISS ROLL.



Ingredients:
75g  self raising flour
75g  caster sugar
3nos eggs
1 tsp vanilla essence

Method:
1) Preheat oven to 180*C. Grease and line a swiss roll tin.
2) Sift flour twice.  Whish eggs & sugar till foamy. Add vanilla essence.
3) Gently fold in flour in additions.
4) Pour batter to prepared tin and bang the tin a few times on table surface.
5) Bake for 15 - 20 mins.
6) Cool the cake for 5 mins. Trim the edges of the cake. Roll up before spreading jam or kaya using
    baking paper.
7) Hold the shape for 5 mins.
8) Spread jam, kaya or other spreads of your choice, making sure not to over do it so that it is easier to 
    roll up later.
9) If desired, sprinkle some icing sugar on the swiss roll. Slice and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our Life's Journey Together

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Easy Counter