19.7.10

Fudgy Brownie in a cup and My Easy Peasy Fried Rice

Baked some brownies 2 nights ago. Normally I baked it in a square pan, but this round I tried to used muffins cups to hold the cake, well, it turned out very well. :-) The brownie was really fudgy and with a bit of crust on top. Yummm ... I kept few till next day and ate it with Vanilla Ice Cream, wow it was really good! Try some .......

*****************************************************************************
Cooked for myself some fried rice for lunch.  I believe most of you know that to have a plate of fragrant fried rice, it is best to use overnight cooked rice, whether white rice or brown rice. It's recommended to use overnight left-over rice for fried rice because it is firmer than freshly cooked rice. This will prevent rice sticking together while stir frying.  Fried rice is a great way to utilize various leftovers or items in your refrigerator. A timesaver is to use a handful of diced, frozen mixed vegetables - the peas, carrots, etc. add color, nutrition and flavor in seconds.  For my fried rice, I added lap cheong, a.k.a Chinese sausages and shredded lettuce.  Taste it with soy sauce, fish sauce, pepper, sesame oil, garlice. And a plate of fragrant fried rice is waiting for youuuuu...

4 comments:

  1. Esther,

    Your brownies look so yummy. I tried making once, thinking of making brownie pop, but was a big failure, till now dont dare to try... haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thks for your compliments.

    But why yours a failure leh? Is it bcos u pour too much batter in the cases? I only poured about 3/4 full, bcos scared it would overflow when baking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes when I do not hv overnight rice, I will cook my rice with less water, then mix in an egg in the rice cooker when the rice is done, then continue to stir fry with other ingredients in the wok. The rice is still 一粒一粒的。 After that I will add in shredded egg. keke

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi sherlyn
    thanks for sharing. i will try your method next time. right now, i still hv a big tub of overnight rice in my fridge. must consume it by tomorrow. fried rice is so easy to cook and so tasty to eat. good for lazy pple like me .. hahaha ...

    ReplyDelete

Our Life's Journey Together

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Easy Counter