My husband and me are fans of silken toufu. For this dish, I just steamed the toufu for few minutes and made the sauce using mirin, sesame oil, pepper and soy sauce. After that, just pop it into the fridge for about 15-20 mins and a delicious cold dish is ready for consumption. Before serving, add a little binto and scallion to garnish.
I also cooked a chicken dish using Huiji Waist Tonic Wine. I got the recipe from Lifestyle magazine. Here is it:
1 chicken, washed & chopped into pieces (I used about half a chicken only)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground pepper
1/2 tbsp cinnamon powder
5 cloves each shallot & garlic, minced
10g cinnamon stick (about 3 sticks)
2 slices ginger
50g Gula Melaka, crushed
2-3 cups Huji Waist Tonic (using Huiji measuring cup)
1. Mix chicken pieces with remaining Ingredients A. Marinate for 1 hour.
2. Heat up 2 tbsp oil and sauté Ingredients B.
3. Add chicken pieces, stir-fry till aromatic.
4. Mix in crushed gula Melaka.
5. Cover with lid, simmer over low heat for 20 mins till cooked. When simmering, remove lid a few times and give the chicken a stir to prevent sticking to the pan. Turn off heat.
6. Finally, mix in Huiji Waist Tonic and serve.