I think I better jot down the recipe just in case. :-)
175g unsalted butter, room temperature
145g brown sugar
1 no. egg
220g plain flour/cake flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
a pinch of salt (if you use salted butter, can omit)
1. Whisk butter till light and fluffy. (I didn't use any equipment at all, just a balloon whisk and spatular)
2. Add brown sugar, whisk until combined.
3. Add egg, mix until just combined.
4. Add sifted flour, baking powder and salt.
5. Add choc chips & walnuts. Use a spatular to gently fold the batter. Just mix until no flour is seen. Don't fold any longer or the cookie will come out hardened.
6. Line cookie dough on baking tray and bake in preheated oven at 180˚C for 20 mins.*
*Different ovens have different temperature setting, so this temp and timing are just for reference. Adjust according to your own oven. For my "koyak" 19L oven, I use 170-175˚C. Sometime I even set to 165˚C, as it gets hot very easily.
I am going to get a new oven soon when I shift to my new house about 5 months later. Any brand and model to recommend? I thought of having a 45-56L model. Can bake more cookies at the same time ma ... :-)
I will be baking these yummy cookies for the coming CNY. Must make double the portion ... hehehe ...
Jess of j3sskitch3n is hosting Aspiring Bakers #3 for January 2011. I have not joined this kind of baking event before, out of curiousity, I am submitting this Chocolate Chips Cookies to Aspiring Bakers #3 : My Favorite CNY Cookie (Jan 2011).