1.7.11

Cream Cheese Butter Mango Cake

After 3 months, I finally rolled up my sleeves and baked a cake. <**>|||

Last week, my aunt gave me a half riped mango. I leave it on my dining table for few days and it was ready to be eaten.  However, I didn't want to eat it as it is, so I thought of using it to bake a cake. At the same time, I have unused cream cheese and butter sitting in my fridge. And come to think of it, I am shifting house soon, why not try to use up these ingredients?  Hence, this mango cake was "born"

The recipe was taken from somewhere in the cyber-space but forgetful me forgot to copy down which website I got it from. Haizzzzz.... Anyway, the recipe is as follows:




Ingredients:
1.5 cups sugar
1 tsp vanilla
150g mango, diced
2.25 cups self raising flour
250g butter
250g cream cheese
1/3 cup milk
3 eggs

Method:
1. Preheat oven to 160*C. Grease and line an "8 x 8" cake tin.
2. Beat butter, sugar and vanilla till light and fluffy.
3. Beat in eggs one at a time till fluffy. Add in softened cream cheese and milk, beat till smooth.
4. Add flour and beat briefly till combined. Fold in diced mango gently.
5. Pour batter into prepared cake tin and bake for 50 mins or when skewer inserted into the centre of the cake and comes out clean.
6. Cool the cake on the rack for 10 mins.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our Life's Journey Together

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Easy Counter